Model Paper – 3
Questions With Answer
DRILL : ( 10 MARKS )
1. Fill in the blank :-
(i) The number of steps in 1 minute in a fast pace is ………. ?
Ans:- 120 steps
(ii) The number of cadets for the honor of the President is …………. ?
(iii) The President is empowered to …………. and the Chief Minister is …………. ?
Ans:- National Salute and General Salute
(iv) While marching, the word ‘turn back’ is commanded on the …………. foot ?
(v) Drill started from …………. year ?
2. What are the advantages of drill ?
- Turn out and bearing is good
- Team spirit is developed
- The spirit of leadership is awakened
- The spirit of discipline is developed
- The feeling of patriotism in the cadet and develop the ability to work together
Part-II Weapon Training : ( 10 Marks )
3. Fill in the blank :-
(i) The cannon velocity of .22″ Rifle No. 2 Mark-IV is ………. per second ?
Ans:- 1030 ft/sec
(ii) The effective range of 5.56 mm INSAS rifle is …………. yards ?
Ans:- 400 yards
(iii) The effective range of 7.62 mm SLR is …………. yards ?
Ans:- 300 yards
(iv) 7.62 mm SLR with loaded magazine weighs …………. Kg. Is ?
Ans:- 5.1 kg
(v) The effective range of .22″ Rifle No. 2 Mark-IV is …………. yards ?
Ans:- 25 yards
4. Write True and False :-
(i) Is the rise or drop on MPI 6 inches at a target at 300 yards ?
(ii) The length of .22″ rifle Mark-IV is 45 inches ?
(iii) The normal rate of fire of 5.56 mm INSAS rifle is 60 rounds per minute ?
(iv) The magazine capacity of a .22″ rifle is 20 rounds ?
(v) The normal rate of fire of 7.62 mm SLR is 20 rounds per minute ?
Part-III : Miscellaneous ( 225 Marks )
National Integration : ( 30 Marks )
5. Write True / False :-
(i) The origin of river Godavari is in Maharashtra ?
(ii) Raipur is the capital of Chhattisgarh ?
(iii) Guru Nanak was the last Guru of Sikhism ?
(iv) Kolar gold field is in Madhya Pradesh ?
(v) Poplar is the name of the bird ?
6. Fill in the blank :-
(i) The folk dance of Andhra Pradesh is …………. ?
(ii) The place of worship of Buddhists is called …………. ?
(iii) Din-e-Ilahi religion was founded by …………. ?
(iv) The capital of Kerala is …………. ?
(v) Indian Constitution was adopted on …………. ?
Ans:- On 26 November 1949
7. What are the problems and major challenges of national integration ?
- Gender discrimination
- Linguistic discrimination
- Social discrimination
- Economic inequality
8. What are the measures to achieve national integration ?
- Economic development
- Cultural integration
- National language
- Social unity
- Political integration
- Propagation of secularism
9. What are the basic principles of National Integration ?
- Ego and selfishness
10. What is the name of the four union territories of India ?
- Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman Diu
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Jammu and Kashmir
Personality Development & Leadership ( 70 Marks )
11. What is the principle of effective communication ?
- Finding out your objectives
- Small dialogues at a time
- Presenting a round picture
- Gaining credibility with your audience
- Anticipating objections
12. What is communication Explain the process of communication ?
Ans:- Communication is a method in which two or more persons exchange ideas and facts among themselves in such a way that each of them understands well the meaning of the subject and its use.
Process :- The process of exchanging information, ideas and things among themselves is called communication process.
13. Write five duties of a citizen ?
- Support and defend the constitution
- obey the law
- participate in the local community
- respect all religions
- protect the property of the country
- the country when needed to protect
14. How can citizenship be acquired ? Describe 4 ways :-
- By birth
- By inheritance or blood relation
- Through registration
- By land extension
- By immigration
- By nationality
15. What is a leadership trait ?
16. Explain democratic leadership ?
Ans:- ( Search on Google )
17. What is the reason for the communication gap ?
- In accurate Speed
- Unclear Voice
- Bad Rhythm
Disaster Management : ( 20 Marks )
18. What are the disasters created by man ? Name any five :-
- Bomb blast
19. What are the major effects of natural calamities ?
- Water damage
- Public health
- Electricity problem
- Environment problem
- Human issue
- Infrastructure problem
20. Write any five services in disaster management :-
- Early warning
- First aid
- Food and medicine distribution
- Arranging center during disaster
- Providing telephone facility
- Security and speed
- Boosting morale
21. Write full form :-
- NEC – National electric code
- NDMA – National Disaster Management Authority
- NDRF – National Disaster Response Force
- NIDM – National Institute Of Disaster Management
Social Awareness and Community Development : ( 30 Marks )
22. Choose the correct answer :-
(i) Which of these is social service ?
(a) blood donation (b) begging donation (c) study (d) none
Ans:- (a) Blood Donation
(ii) What is the minimum age for donating blood ?
(a) 18 years (b) 16 years (c) 14 years (d) 21 years
Ans:- (a) 18 years
(iii) What is the minimum age for marriage of a girl child ?
(a) 18 years (b) 21 years (c) 14 years (d) 16 years
Ans:- (a) 18 years
(iv) What is the minimum age for voting ?
(a) 15 years (b) 21 years (c) 18 years (d) 14 years
Ans:- (c) 18 years
(v) The broad form of HIV is …………. ?
Ans:- Human Immunodeficiency Virus
(vi) When was NREGA renamed as MNREGA?
(a) 2006 (b) 2010 (c) 2008 (d) 2009
Ans:- (d) In 2009
23. What are the social service activities carried out by NCC cadets ?
- Blood donation
- Tree plantation
- Adult education
- Cleanliness campaign
- Awareness rally (against evils, drug free, dowry prevention campaign etc.)
24. Write the full forms of the following :-
- AIDS – Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome
- PMGSY – Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- NGO – Non Governmental Organization
- NREGA – National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
- IAY – Indira Aawas Yojna
25. What are the types of NGOs ?
Ans:- It is of four types –
Business Oriented International NGO
Religious International NGO
Environmental Government Organization
Health and Hygiene : ( 30 Marks )
26. Fill in the blank :-
(i) Rabies is caused by the bite of …………. ?
(ii) DTL stands for …………. ?
Ans:- Deep Trench Latin
(iii) RMO is …………. ?
Ans:- Regimental Medical Officer
(iv) The heartbeat of a healthy and normal person is ……. per minute ?
Ans:- 72 times
(v) …………. blood test is done for AIDS ?
27. Write first aid for snake bite ?
- Increase the morale of the person bitten by snake
- Tie the bitten area tightly with a rope or bandage
- Remove toxic blood by cutting the bitten area with a blade
- Quickly take the patient to private Take to the hospital
28. Write the full form of AIDS ? What is the reason for contact with this disease ?
Ans:- AIDS – Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome
- unprotected sex
- taking HIV infected blood
- taking HIV infected needles
- producing babies of HIV infected mother
- shaving with HIV infected blades
29. What preventive measures will you take to stop the outbreak of malaria ?
- Will not allow water logging around
- Spray DDT/Kerosene on water
- Take care of cleanliness
- Put nets in windows
- Use mosquito nets while sleeping
- All Will use out, good night, fast card etc.
30. Name 5 methods of purification of water ?
- By boiling
Adventure Training : (20 Marks)
31. What is the list of four adventure activities done in NCC ?
- Rock Climbing
- Para Jumping
- Water Rafting
- Cycle / Motorcycle Expedition
32. What are the things to be kept in mind while planning adventure activities ?
- Collect campaign information
- Solve financial constraints
- Plan traffic thoroughly
- Choose routes and places to stay
- Determine the number of cadets
- Eligible Select cadets
- Keep in touch with physical standards of cadets
- Keep in touch with civilians and officials
- Find logical solutions to problems encountered in previous missions
33. What are the objectives of adventure activities in NCC ?
- Developing spirit of adventure
- Increasing self-confidence
- Inculcating spirit of discipline
- Increasing spirit of cooperation
- Developing leadership qualities
- To develop the capacity to bear suffering
34. Name 4 sealing devices ?
- Figure of Eight
- Single Pulley
- Full Body Harness
- Screw Carbineer
- Auto Lock Carbineer
35. Write about two types of zodiac signs used for rock climbing ?
(i) Dynamic Rope – It is made of nylon fiber, it is capable of limiting the force and arresting the fall of the commissioner.
(ii) Static Rope – This is also made of Nylon 6 fiber, it is used to meet the requirement of very low static stretch and most importantly ensure the utilization rate of power
Environment Awareness and Conservation : ( 15 Marks )
36. What is Green House Effect ?
Ans:- It is a natural process by which the atmosphere of a planet or satellite is balanced.
It has the following functions :-
- It prevents skin diseases
- Keeps the earth’s atmosphere balanced
- Life on earth is possible only due to green house effect.
37. What is the main reason for the extinction of some plant and animal species ?
- Climate change
- Soil erosion
- Man-made disaster
- Poaching for personal gain
- Continuous increase in population
- Unnecessary pollution
38. What is the impact of environmental degradation ?
- Impact on agriculture
- Effect on green house
- Extinction of plants
- Increase in skin diseases
- Increase in disasters
- Lack of oxygen
- Humans, animals – Impact on the health of animals
- Water contamination of rivers
39. Write True or False :-
(i) Bandipur Wild Life Sanctuary is located in the state of Tamil Nadu ? – Wrong
(ii) Dabhol power project is in the state of Assam ? – Wrong
(iii) Ozone hole causes global warming ? – Correct
(iv) Almaty Dam is located in UP ? – Wrong
(v) Kiran Bedi is a famous environmentalist ? – Correct
40. What is the role of NCC in conservation of natural resources ?
- By running environmental awareness campaign
- By running tree plantation campaign
- Conserving water and proper disposal of waste
- By becoming a guiding force for our neighborhood friends and family members
- People are facing this serious problem. by making aware of
Obstacle Training : ( 5 Marks )
41. What are the benefits of providing obstacle courses for NCC cadets ?
- Character development of cadets
- Cadets develop ability to bear suffering
- Patience, tolerance and spirit of courage are awakened in the cadets
- Many human qualities are developed in the cadets.
- The personality of the cadets is developed
Part-IV : Specialized Subjects ( Army ) ( 105 Marks )
Armed Forces : ( 10 Marks )
42. Fill in the blank :-
(i) The highest bravery award during war is …………. ?
Ans:- Param Vir Chakra
(ii) The highest sacrifice award in times of peace is …………. ?
Ans:- Ashok Chakra
(iii) Indian Army is divided into …………. command ?
Ans:- In 7 command
(iv) ASC, AMC, AOC, EME, AEC etc. is …………. ?
Ans:- Auxiliary Forces
(v) The field and sub-area headquarters of the Army are …………. ?
43. List the ranks of the army badges :-
- Lt. Col ( Lieutenant Colonel )
- Col ( Colonel )
- Brig ( Brigadier )
- Maj Gen ( Major General )
- Lt. Gen ( Lieutenant General )
- Gen ( General )
Map Reading : ( 30 Marks )
44. Fill in the blank :-
(i) Impact on the map is measured through …………. ?
Ans:- Service Protector
(ii) The R.F of the meter map used is …………. ?
(iii) The pink red lines running vertically and horizontally on the map are …………. lines ?
Ans:- Grid lines
(iv) Without compass at night the correct answer can be found through …………. ?
Ans:- Pole Star / Dhruv Tara
(v) Cultivable land is shown on the map in …………. ?
Ans:- In yellow color
(vi) If the bearing is 30 degree then the back bearing will be ………. ?
Ans:- 210 degree
(vii) An isolated hill is called …………. ?
Ans:- Naul / Knoll
(viii) Heights are shown on the map by means of brown colored lines called …………. ?
(ix) Distance on a map is measured through …………. ?
Ans:- Service Protractor
(x) The topmost part of the hill is …………. ?
(xi) What is the …………. difference between true north and magnetic north ?
Ans:- M.V (Magnetic Variation)
45. Draw traditional signs/symbols :-
(i) Survey Tree –
(ii) Bridge –
(iii) Church –
(iv) Mosque –
(v) Infantry Battalion Head Quarters –
46. State the methods of obtaining Relative Heights :-
- Transverse cut method
- Direct Method
- Square Method
- Tachometric Method
47. Write the types of north direction :-
Ans:- There are three types –
- true north
- magnetic north
- grid north
Field Craft and Battle Craft : ( 25 Marks )
48. Write 6 ways to know the distance :-
- Unit method
- Visible method
- Key-range method
- Section averaging method
- Bracketing method
- Harving method
49. What are the different types of section formation ?
Ans:- There are six types –
- Single File Formation
- File Formation
- Arrowhead Formation
- Spear Head Formation
- Diamond Formation
- Extended Line Formation
50. What is the procedure for land details ?
Ans:- Three process –
- Middle Ground
- Near Ground
51. When are the estimates of longer distances ?
- when there is less light
- the sun is in front of the beholder
- when viewed from a narrow valley
- when viewed from top to bottom
- when the distant object is smaller than the nearest object
- Raised ground between the target and the observer
52. Fill in the blank :-
(i) …………. is the art of using the land and the weapon to our advantage ?
(ii) Foreground is at a distance of …………. yards ?
Ans:- 300 yards
(iii) The distance when the hill is searched is …………. ?
Ans:- More than expected
(iv) When ground measure angle with open palm …………. and closed fist measure …………..
Ans:- 19 degree and 8 degree
Introduction To Infantry Weapons & Equipments : ( 15 Marks )
53. Fill in the blank :-
(i) The effective range of 7.62 mm SLR is …………. ?
Ans:- 300 yards or 275 meters
(ii) What is the maximum number of …………. rounds filled in a .22″ Rifle magazine ?
Ans:- 10 rounds
(iii) The normal rate of fire of a .22″ rifle is …………. rounds per minute ?
Ans:- 5 rounds per minute
(iv) The firing position of 5.56 mm INSAS Rifle is ….…. and ……. ?
Ans:- 60 rounds and 150 rounds
(v) The maximum range of 7.62 mm LMG is …………. yards on bipod and …………. yards on tripod ?
Ans:- 1000 yards and 2000 yards
54. Name any five stores for removing and cleaning weapons ?
- Pull thru
- Body brush
- Hot water
55. Write any five parts of 7.62 mm SLR rifle ?
- Forehand Guard
- Magazine Catch
- Piston Grip
- Trigger Guard
- Gas Plug
- Carrying Handle
- Body cover
- Butt plate
- Butt screw
Military History : (20 Marks)
56. Name some major operations in defense since independence ?
- Operation Polo in 1948
- Operation Vijay in 1961
- Operation Blue Star in 1984
- Operation Meghdoot in 1984
- Operation Rajiv in 1987
- Operation Pawan in 1987
- Operation Vijay, in 1999
- Operation Parakram, in 2001
- Operation Cyclone, in 2008
- Operation Sahyog, in 2018
57. Fill in the blank :-
(i) Third battle of Panipat was fought in …………. ?
Ans:- In 1761
(ii) National Defense Academy is in …………. ?
Ans:- In Khadakwasla, Pune
(iii) Indian Military Academy is in …………. ?
Ans:- In Dehradun
(iv) For the first time India detonated a nuclear device in ……. A.D. ?
Ans:- At Army Base Pokhran, on 18 May 1974
(v) Army Day is celebrated on …………. ?
Ans:- On 15th January
(vi) World War II ended in …………. ?
Ans:- In 1945
(vii) For the first time in India, gun powder was used in battle by …. ?
(viii) The chief of the Indian Army during the Indo-Pak war in 1971 was …………. ?
Ans:- Sam Manekshaw
(ix) The present Chief of Indian Army is …………. ? ( in 2021 )
Ans:- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
(x) …………. agreement was signed between India and Pakistan in 1965 ?
Communication : ( 5 Marks )
58. What is the principle of effective communication ?
- Communication is a two way process
- The communication sent should be completely understood by the recipient
- The message should be as short as possible
- Communication should be done carefully and with confidentiality
- Communication should be done in short time. should be more clear
Best Of Luck